Learn the Word
Live the Word
Share the Word
Rules For a Children’s Church Teacher
- Always pray before class(come to church prayed up) and during class for the Holy Spirit to lead you and the children
- Always respect every child.
- Never reprimand a child in front of other children
- Always try to understand the issue from the child’s point of view
- There is never a reason to raise your voice to a child
- Never touch the children in an aggressive or suggestive manner.
- Relay all situations to Mary Ottersen, who will relay them to Pastor Meredith if necessary.
Rules of discipline for Children
- Respect yourself
- Respect the other children
- Address all pastors by the name pastor
- Respect and obey the children church teachers and ushers
- Respect all adults and address them with respect
- Respect the church property(no running inside the church).
- Control your mouth and body(raise your hands if have a question or have an answer).
- Be loving, kind, patient and honorable to all others in our classroom
- What would Jesus do?
- Have fun
- If you do not follow these rules you may be asked to leave the classroom.
If you have a call or desire to work with the Children's Department, you must complete a Shoreline Volunteer Application: Click Here